Safewatch Pro 3000 Keyfob addition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AlarmsBC Messages Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Crosnoe (65.113.1.226) on December 02, 2002 at 09:02:06:

I've got a Safewatch Pro 3000 installed by ADT, and I'm trying to add another 4-button key fob (5804). I've got two of them already in the system, but only three buttons are programmed in for each (6 zones total). I have no hardwired zones, and from the manual the installer left me as well as my interrogation of the program, zones 9 through 25 are smoke, doors, windows, and motion detectors. Zones 30 through 35 have the key fob programming. Zones 26 through 29 are empty as are all zones above 35 (It seems to only go to zone 64 and then jumps to 91).

From this information, I'm guessing that I have the 24-zone receiver since I'm over the 16-zone receiver's capacity. So I have 17 smoke, door, window, and motion detector zones plus the 6 zones from the key fobs. I'm guessing I should have one available zone, but when I try to program one of my new key fob's buttons, it doesn't work. I tried programming it into available zone numbers 26, 29, and 36, but to no avail. It only works when I put it into zones 30 through 35 (replacing one of my other key fob zones in the process). It's as if key fobs only work in those zones, or there's somewhere else in the programming where I tell the system that a certain range of zones will be used for key fobs.

I found a message on line that indicated that the Safewatch Pro 3000 is the same as the Ademco Vista-20se. Is that true, because I have that programming manual. I can't find the Safewatch Pro programming manual anywhere on the web.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AlarmsBC Messages Board ] [ FAQ ]