Re: Programming Caddx NX4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AlarmsBC Messages Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yongkie (202.158.96.2) on January 27, 2003 at 10:42:25:

In Reply to: Re: Programming Caddx NX4 posted by tinuit on January 25, 2003 at 17:13:52:

I, again, look at the installation manual and noted that there is no location 26. On the feature definition of quick arm feature it refers to Location 23 which is Feature and Report Selections in which Segment 1 says that "1 - On enables the Quick Arm Feature".

On Location 25 I think I understand it, thank's.

So the question is now should it be Loc 26 or 23?
I am still a little confused, sorry, I am the first timer to play around with Alarm system.

Thank's Tin

: For starters I've only ever installed the NX6(NX12) and the NX8(NX16) but have always been under the impression the manuals were one for all of them and after checking (since you brought it to my attention) this is not the case.

: The NX4 seems to be different from the rest, so sorry for giving you the incorrect info. This is how it show be.....

: After entering program mode
: press 26# (feature selection)
: 1, 3 and 5 should be on
: then press *
: press *
: press *

: press 25#
: press 3*3*6*6*6*5*6*6*

: This will program 1 and 2 as delay type zones
: 3-5 as instant
: 6 as instant auto bypass
: 7-8 as instant

: The way this works is like some other panels, if you arm your system using the quick arm and exit through the entry exit delay door it should fully arm your home.

: If you use the quick arm without opening the entry exit door the system will know you are staying inside and will auto bypass zone 6.

: If you arm using the stay arm/auto bypass it should atuo bypass everytime.

: As soon as you arm the system the bypass light should come on unless you open the entry door druing the exit delay.

: try that and let me know, may need to fine tune it later.

:
:

:
: : I have just got the installation manual and noted that the Location 18 is "Custom communicator Format" and saw that Segment 3 & 4 are reserved. How it is related to the programming the "Stay" button.

: : Appreciate your advice.
: : Thank's.

: : : Press
: : : *8 [installer code]
: : : 0#
: : : 18# for feature 18 zone 1-8 config
: : : 3*
: : : 3*
: : : 16*
: : : 15*
: : : Exit, exit

: : : This will make zones 1 & 2 delay time1
: : : 3,4,5 instant
: : : 6 instant but bypassed using the stay/partial key
: : : 7,8 instant

: : : See how you get on

: :
: : : : The zone that I want to isolate is only zone 6 which is the PIR for the "stay" button and for the "exit" button I want to have delay on zone 1 and 2 which were already set up at 25 sec delay.
: : : : Appreciate your help.
: : : : Thank's.

: : : : : What are the zones that you want isolated and how do you want them to operate when fully armed ie, delay, instant, handover etc. Do you have a installer manual and programming code?

: : : :
: : : : :
: : : : : : Can anyone help on how to program the "stay button" so it will quick armed but exclude one or two zones for the Caddx NX4 with LED keypads.

: : : : : : Thank's for your help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AlarmsBC Messages Board ] [ FAQ ]